[Map] The Ice thing
The inspiration for this map I got from the movie The Thing (kinda obvious, I guess 🙂 ), but it was actually meant for a science fantasy RPG, Astraterra, I play with my kids.
The map was based on following events in our adventure:
- A recognized archeologist has found a strange creature buried in ice. They have taken the frozen creature into a shed and the rest of the expedition is celebrating the discovery in the cabin.
- The celebrations are interrupted as someone barges into the cabin and shouts that the creature is gone.
- Soon they notice that there is a hole melted or buried in the ice that goes even deeper from the excavation site.
- Time to explore where the icy tunnel leads…
- The creature manages to start the engines of the ship, and even if it’s defeated, the ship will take of with the PCs on board. Where the ship’s auto-pilot will take them remains still to be seen.
If you would like to support me create more maps and other resources for tabletop RPGs, please have a look at my Patreon page.